Are you planning to conduct a business meeting or a conference? When it comes to the venue of your business needs, training room rental is the way to go. Conference rooms for hire in Singapore vary in more ways than one, such as price, size, and facilities provided. As these factors can be daunting, here are the most important factors you should consider to narrow down your choice of rooms:
The purpose of your assembly will affect the ideal mood and size of the room that you select. Some things to look out for include lighting, table arrangement, and the design scheme of the room. For example:
- For formal board meetings, conferences or important client meetings, the room selected should project a clean and professional image. Usually, this means a simple and neat, but well-equipped room.
- For full-day activities, a comfortable and spacious room with good lighting is preferable, to avoid attendees getting the feeling of being cooped up for a long time.
- Will your event require guests to move about? If it is a workshop where attendees might need to mingle around the room, a more spacious room with clusters of tables might be appropriate. If it is a sit-down meeting, a conference room layout with U-shaped seating might be more suitable.
Facilities and equipment
Consider the equipment and facilities necessary for your meeting. For example, presentations would likely require a screen and projector. For some types of presentations, a whiteboard or flip board is preferable. Here are some of the commonly available facilities you would find in a rented training room:
- LCD screen
- Audio system
- Wi-Fi access
Booking a well-equipped room will save you the need to bring your own gear. So, take note of the equipment you need before booking the room, and as much as possible, rent a venue that has everything you need.
Before you sign the deal, it is important to find out the total cost of the rental room. Some rental companies market their prices at attractive rates, but surprise their customers with a list of hidden charges when the bill comes. A reputable rental company will be upfront about their costs. To be safe, here are some things you might want to check regarding the price of the rental room:
- Does the price include the equipment you need?
- Does the price include taxes (e.g. GST)?
- Are there any extra setup or service fees?
- Are there extra charges for booking at certain times (e.g. peak periods or late-nights)?
- What is the protocol for cancellation or rescheduling?
- Do you need to pay a deposit?
Convenience and accessibility
When selecting a conference or training room, you should choose a location that is accessible to your attendees. Depending on whether they are your staff members or overseas delegates, the site chosen can be near your office or central train stations or hotels. For full-day events, also ensure that the rooms are situated near to cafes and restaurants so that participants can grab a bite during their lunch or break times. Finally, the location can also give off an impression to your attendees, so choose a locality that feels safe and professional.
These few factors are of the utmost importance when selecting a conference or training room to rent. Use this guide to secure the ideal room for your next business meeting or workshop!